Sunday, April 17, 2011

O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)


Soundtrack, Country

     Ok so first thing's first, if you haven't seen the film, do yourself a favor and see it.  The Coen Brothers (The Big Lebowski, Fargo, No Country For Old Men) have an unbelievable track record, and in my eyes can do no wrong.  O Brother, Where Art Thou? is an adventure comedy satire based on Homer's Odyssey, and tells the story of three prisoners who escape a chain gang in 1930's Mississippi.  If you've been following this blog at all then you've probably already noticed that I'm not a big country fan.  I find most of it to be incredibly corny, and can't stand the generic male country voice which Toby Keith, Garth Brooks and Alan Jackson all seem to share, so the very fact that I have posted this album should tell you how good it is.  I think it's safe to say that I would put this in my top 3 greatest soundtracks of all time. Fuck Jesus, Fuck Allah and Fuck Buddha. I pray to the Coen Brothers.



The Soggy Bottom Boys - I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment