Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mischief Brew - Smash The Windows (2005)


Folk Punk

     The more I listen to folk punk the more I love it.  A strange combination, but also probably one of the most underrated genres around. To be honest I've had a hard time getting into to the more modern punk scene, sometimes it's just too much work weeding out all the emo screamo bullshit, but it seems like punk is moving in many different directions these days, which I think is a good thing. Mischief Brew is a trio from Philly, and their first studio release is the quintessential folk punk album. Smash The Windows  is overflowing with rural celtic anthems so catchy it borders on suspicion. I'm still pretty new to this genre, but I get the feeling it's gonna be hard finding more bands like this. From gypsy instrumentals to Primus style twang, the Brew truly delivers on this debut.  Big thanks to Pat Flood for the recommend.


Mischief Brew - Nomads Revolt

No comments:

Post a Comment