Monday, April 4, 2011

The Left Rights - Bad Choices Made Easy (2010)


SynthPunk, Humor

     The Left Rights is a new side project of Jimmy Urine, better known as the frontman for Mindless Self Indulgence, a group that has gained a massive fan base by opening for more mainstream bands like Korn, Linkin Park, Sum 41 and System Of A Down. This album got a lot of attention last year, I kept seeing it on a bunch of indie top 10 lists, so eventually I checked it out and I'm glad I did. For me, one of the biggest draws of The Left Rights or Mindless Self Indulgence is their use of humor.  They don't take themselves very seriously, and that becomes apparent almost immediately with the second track 'I'm On Crack'.  This is a very interesting album to say the least.  Most of the tracks are under 2 minutes, so it moves pretty quickly.  There's also a lot of sketches and samples, but the actual songs scatted in between make it worthwhile.  The sound is a mix of synth, industrial, hip-hop, and punk. Extremely catchy and few do it better.


The Left Rights - White

No comments:

Post a Comment