Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tyler, The Creator - Goblin (2011)


Hip-Hop, Alternative

     I've been listening to this album for a few days and I'm still not quite sure what to think. It's definitely different... There's something very infectious about Tyler The Creator, but I have no idea what it is. He's like the David Lynch of hip-hop.  Apparently Tyler is part of a LA collective called Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All (OFWGKTA) that specializes in surreal and alternative hip-hop, and have released over 15 albums under various names. Tyler is the only one I've heard so far, but I'm very intrigued. The album is weird, dark, vulgar, revealing and slowly growing on me. The weed helps. Check out the video for Yonkers, it's what made me want to hear the rest.



Tyler, The Creator - Yonkers

No comments:

Post a Comment