Monday, May 2, 2011

Funeral InTheMirror - Old Wolf Thoughts (2010)


Indie, Melodic

     One of my favorite albums in recent years.  Funeral InTheMirror is a musical project formed by James Pinkstone and Joe DeRosa, who is better known for his comedic talent (maybe you've seen him on Premium Blend or Comedy Central Presents?) The entire album is incredibly melodic & catchy with a They Might Be Giants meets Faith No More kind of vibe. At least that's what I get.  All it took was one song and I had to buy the whole album, and I'm glad I did.  This one's gonna be hard to find if you're doing torrents, so you're probably better off just spending the incredibly reasonable 9 bucks and downloading it from Amazon or iTunes. You can preview more tracks on their Myspace



And if you're a comedy junkie like me,  you'll also want to check out Joe DeRosa's debut album on Comedy Central Records, The Depression Auction. Joe rips on weddings, reality shows, parents, the Insane Clown Posse and himself. Very funny stuff. Preview tracks @ Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment