Sunday, June 12, 2011

Marcus Miller - Silver Rain (2005)


Funk, Bass, Jazz, Instrumental

          Gotta love Marcus Miller.  I remember after I discovered Primus and Les Claypool I was on a constant search for bass heavy music and Marcus was one of the first guys I came across. I'll admit that I haven't even listened to half of his discography, but every album I do pick up is so refreshing that it takes me weeks to put it down.  This one is special to me because I remember taking up oil painting and listening to this album while I painted. Most of the CD is instrumental, but there are a handful of guest vocalists which include Macy Gray (who I'm not a big fan of but she does a great job here) and not too mention guest musicians like Eric Clapton and a bunch of other jazz legends that I probably don't appreciate as much as I should. Grade A funk right here. Marcus is known as one of the best bassists for a reason.


Marcus Miller - Bruce Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment