Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lard - The Power Of Lard EP (1989)


Punk, Industrial

     Lard was a side project formed in the late 80s by Jello Biafra, frontman of the infamous punk band Dead Kennedys, a band I could never really get into. Jello Biafra however, is a fucking god. He has done an impressive number of spoken word albums, similar to what Henry Rollins is doing now,  not to mention work with the Melvins, another favorite of mine, but when I heard Lard for the first time last summer, I was in shock. This particular EP only consists of 3 tracks, but I feel they're among the strongest songs the band produced. Most of you probably won't want to venture outside of this EP (Jello can get pretty avant-garde when he wants to) but for the more curious listeners, there are 2 full-length Lard albums to check out. This EP is still my favorite. The Power Of Lard will be played at my funeral.


Lard - The Power Of Lard

No comments:

Post a Comment