Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Doomtree - False Hopes (2007)


Hip-Hop, Underground

     Albums like this are the reason I follow alternative hip-hop.  I was about to go to bed when I put this on, and I ended up listening to the whole thing.  Maybe I'm late to the party on this one, after all it is 4 years old, but the fact that no one told me about Doomtree is unforgivable.  Not surprisingly this collective group is based out of Minnesota, where it seems the majority of good hip-hop is coming from these days, and are somehow connected to Rhymesayers Entertainment, a label founded by Atmosphere members Ant & Slug.  Seven individuals make up the group, the most notable probably being P.O.S., and even he flies under the radar.  Anyway, I was blown away by this debut, and I'm gonna look for their second album tomorrow. Highly Recommended.


Doomtree - Veteran

No comments:

Post a Comment