Sunday, July 3, 2011

Porcupine Tree - In Absentia (2002)


Progressive Rock, Alt Metal, Psychedelic

          These guys are great, although I'm sure there's plenty of Porcupine Tree fans who will hate me for choosing this album to post, as it was their first release on a major label and their most commercially successful album to date. But whatever. It's a great band and if you're not familiar, this album is a great place to start.  I think one of the coolest things about In Absentia, besides the way they seamlessly blend hard metal riffs, acoustics and instrumentals, is that it's a concept album. Well, sort of. Many of the songs on the album conceptually explore the mental progression of a serial killer. And while I don't think that it has ever been officially confirmed by the band, the song titles and lyrics definitely back up that theory. Anyway, I really love this album, made me an instant fan. 


Porcupine Tree - Trains

No comments:

Post a Comment