Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Reef - Glow (1997)


Rock, UK
         
          I was in a hurry this morning and I couldn't find my CD case so I just grabbed a bunch of random CD's to listen to on the way to work.  Not surprisingly, most of them were scratched to shit and wouldn't play, but one disc simply labeled 'mix' still did. Most of the songs on that mix were from this album, and it reminded me how great this fucking band is.  I always wondered why Reef wasn't bigger in the Sates, because they have such an acceptable poppy vibe. I hate making comparisons, but if I had to describe their sound the two groups I would probably mention would be AC/DC and Aerosmith, and I'm not a big fan of either.  They somehow combine the elements in those bands to create a brighter, heavier, feel goodyer rock & roll. The best convertible music you'll ever hear.

They also have several compilation albums out, so if you're looking for something more along the lines of a greatest hits, it's out there...


Reef - Summer's In Bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment