Monday, July 11, 2011

Immortal Technique- The 3rd World (2008)


Hip-Hop, Underground, Political 

          The 3RD World (Technique's last album) came out 4 years ago, and I've been suffering ever since. His lyrics are extremely political and the beats are always top notch.  In a way I find it suspicious that Technique isn't more popular than he is, it's almost as if what he's saying is so close to the truth that it would be detrimental if his music were more widespread. Two albums are rumored to be in the works, but so far no official word has come from Technique's camp, which is why I follow him on Twitter so when an album finally is released, I'll know as soon as possible. He's basically the only rapper whose career I follow intently and although I don't always agree with his political views (most of the time I do), there are very few MC's out there doing what Technique is doing, and none of them do it as well. Technique is also an avid supporter of illegal file sharing, so you can download his music guilt free.


Immortal Technique - The 3RD World

No comments:

Post a Comment