Sunday, May 22, 2011

Kmfdm - Wtf?! (2011)


Alt Rock, Industrial, Electronic, Male & Female Vocals

     It's finally here! Actually WTF?! came out a couple weeks ago, but I'm still winding down.  Hopefully you already know a little bit about KMFDM, but if not here's a quick rundown: KMFDM, which is an acronym for a German phrase which loosely translates to No Pity For The Majority, have been frontrunners in the industrial game since the late 80's, and are one of the most respected and progressive bands in the genre, so you can imagine how pumped I was a few years ago when I popped my KMFDM cherry.  I knew this album was coming out awhile ago, so for the last 6 months the anticipation has been building.  The album cover is classic KMFDM.  They've almost always used art by English artist Adrian Hughes, who has basically turned me on commercial art with his breathtaking prints which are usually done in that  Russian constuctivist style (I hope that's right, I only took 1 year of art history).  Anyways, like most KMFDM albums, there's a lot going on here.  You have vocals which are provided by founder Sascha Konietzko as well as Long Island native Lucia Cifarelli, who adds a feminine touch to the awesome brutality. Politically charged lyrics are a staple of any KMFDM record, but they never take away from the celebratory attitude the band has done such a great job creating.  Love this band, love this album. Maybe you will too.


KMFDM - Rebels In Kontrol

No comments:

Post a Comment