Saturday, April 2, 2011

Poe - Haunted (2000)


Singer/Songwriter, Female Vocalist 

     I discovered this album through a book called House Of Leaves, which my very good friend Swan recommended to me years ago.  The book is about a family that moves into a new house and discovers the chilling impossibility that the measurements of the house are bigger on the inside than they are on the outside.  I can quite honestly say that it's the best book I've ever read, and I've been searching for more like it ever since.  Anyway, Poe is the sister of Mark Z. Danielewski, the author of House Of Leaves, and this album acts as the book's counterpart, and contains many references to the book itself.  To be honest I'd probably hate this album if it weren't  connected to the book, but it is and I love it.  


Poe - 5½ Minute Hallway

No comments:

Post a Comment