Monday, March 7, 2011

Iron & Wine - Kiss Each Other Clean (2011)


Folk

     I meant to post this album awhile ago but kept forgetting.  Iron & Wine is the stage name of singer/song writer Samuel Beam, and Kiss Each Other Clean is his 4th CD.  While I wasn't as impressed with this album as I was with The Shepherd's Dog (which I'll post eventually), it's still a very solid release.  If you've been to any of the major festivals, chances are you've seen him, I've heard he makes it to Bonnaroo pretty much every year.  Anyway, Iron & Wine's sound is very vintage and Samuel's voice is instantly recognizable.  I'm not usually a big fan of folk music, sometimes the lyrics can get pretty corny, but Iron & Wine is so full of imagery you're bound to be inspired. Walking Far From Home is the first single.

Iron & Wine - Walking Far From Home

No comments:

Post a Comment